Citizenship in Vietnam - Permanent Settlement with the Help of Our Lawyers
Citizenship in VietnamUpdated on Friday 06th May 2022
based on 1 reviews
|Assistance provided by specialized immigration lawyer (YES/NO)||Yes, assistance provided by our immigration lawer|
Persons eligible for citizenship
- foreign citizens who have lived here for sufficient years,
- foreign citizens married to Vietnamese citizens,
- descendents of Vietnamese citizens
Requirements for citizenship by naturalization
5 years of living in Vietnam based on permanent residency
|Availability for citizenship by descent (YES/NO)||
|Citizenship by marrige possibility (YES/NO)||
Yes, citizenship can be acquired after living here for 5 years
|Citizenship by investment requirements||
- minimum investment 3 million VND for a 12-month residence permit,
- maximum investment 100 million VND for a 5-year residence permit followed by citizenship
|Real estate acquisition through citizenship by investment (YES/NO)||
|Timeframe to obtain citizenship by naturalization||
|Timeframe to obtain citizenship by marriage||
|Timeframe to obtain citizenship by investment||5 years|
|Eligibility for citizenship by descent||
- children of Vietnamese citizens born outside Vietnam,
- children of foreign citizens who live in Vietnam as permanent residents
|Immigration with family members allowed (YES/NO)||
YES, through the investor visa
|Visa-free access based on a Vietnamese passport||
|Dual citizenship permitted (YES/NO)||
|Benefits of permanent relocation to Vietnam||
- access to the business market for investors,
- good living standards,
- numerous opportunities in one of the largest economies in Southeast Asia
How can a person acquire citizenship in Vietnam?
How to obtain citizenship by birth in Vietnam
Citizenship by descent in Vietnam
- the person has Vietnamese parents;
- the person has at least one Vietnamese parent, while the other is a stateless;
- the person has at least one Vietnamese parent and other parent is a foreign national who has obtained permanent residency here (the child must have been born in Vietnam).
How to obtain Vietnamese nationality through naturalization
- to respect the Vietnamese Constitution and have full mental capacity, as requested by the Nationality Law;
- to have a good knowledge of the Vietnamese language;
- to be able to support him/herself.
- a copy of the permanent residence visa;
- copies of the birth certificate, passport, or other identification documents;
- a CV;
- a clean criminal record for the duration of stay in Vietnam;
- proof of speaking Vietnamese (diplomas from courses or training of Vietnamese);
- proof of self-sustenance and having a place to live.
- investors who contribute to the Vietnamese economy;
- persons married to Vietnamese citizens.
Why immigrate to Vietnam?
- the total population of Vietnam was 97,040 million inhabitants at the level of 2019;
- out of these, 83,500 were expats;
- in 2020, the number of expats reached approximately 100,000;
- by 2050, Vietnam is expected to become one of the 20 largest economies in the world.